Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. I think we will have 34 people for dinner. Lots of people, good company, food, and especially love.

I leave you with my favorite roasted root vegetable recipe.

2 potatoes
2 pounds baby carrots
2 lbs brussel sprouts
4 parsnips
2 onions
olive oil
salt
pepper
fresh rosemary
fresh thyme

Heat your oven to 400 degrees F. The key is to make the vegetables about the same size. Cut the potatoes in a rough chop. Peel and cut the parsnips. Peel and rough chop the onions.

Put all vegetables in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper to taste. You want all of the vegetables to be oiled, but not dripping in it. Use the leaves from a fresh sprig of thyme and a fresh sprig of rosemary.

Put the vegetables on a greased large cookie sheet. (I use PAM to oil the cookie sheet.)

I roast the vegetables at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Toss the vegetables on the cookie sheet. Roast until done. (Note: I turn down the heat to 375, I like my veggies soft. You may finish cooking them to our preference.)

Feel free to use your favorite root vegetables. For Christmas I add beets, turnips, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, and butternut squash. It's all good.

Enjoy!

No comments: