Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oxygen and me

I was coming home the other night. I dutifully put my oxygen on and got on I-15 to go home. In about 3 minutes my nose started to ache and I felt like there was a hurricane of air going up my nose. LOL.

I guess the knob that controls the amount of oxygen got bumped in the car. I think it went to 5 (liters per hour.) I'm at 1 - 1.5 liters per hour during the day. And of course I can't get off the freeway to adjust it. So I fiddled with the knob and got it down to 2.5, which worked until I got home. Sigh.

The medical supply company also delivered oxygen to me on Tuesday. I usually have 2 tanks, but he gave me two more tanks. That means either I don't have to get the oxygen as often and/or they don't have to deliver to me so often.

Just for fun, I took a picture of all the tanks I have. I call it my oxygen farm. To the right in the picture is the oxygen concentrator that I use during the day. The tanks are for when I get out of the house. I'd really like to get a smaller unit for both.

No comments: