Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sinus infection and oxygen

Blech. Another sinus infection. I started feeling icky on Sunday afternoon (slept through the last session of General conference.) Went to the doctor on Tuesday, yep, a sinus infection with lots of mucus. He started me on Omnicef (warfarin friendly), and a saline nasal wash. Ouch, but it does help.

I'm sleeping on the oh-so-comfortable chair in the living room. Actually, it is very comfortable. The cat doesn't like me sleeping there, but that is OK.

I had to go back to the doctor today to get a permission note to go back to work (after 3 days of illness, we need a note.) The sinus infection has moved to my lungs. Lots of wheezing. Good news is that it is upper respiratory. I get to watch it very closely, all I need is another bout with pneumonia (knock on lots of wood.) My oxygen level has been fine, except for today. It dipped to 84 so I hauled the portable oxygen unit out. I don't stick the canula in my nose, it is in my mouth, which works just as well. So I will take it easy for the next 3 days. I'm just glad I have a job that is will fit my needs. Whew.

Speaking of the cat. Here are some pictures of Miss Priss who runs my life and household. I love her dearly.






I forgot to tell you that she is a nerd kitty. She loves to lay on the laptop to get warm (and post when I'm not looking.)

Off to bed, rather off to the comfortable chair in the living room. LOL.

P.S. I will post pictures of the samplers I am working on from the Shepherds Bush retreat. Lots of fun stuff.

No comments: